CJRW is an award-winning, idea-driven advertising agency that uses innovative thinking and the latest technologies to help organizations tell their story to the world. We do this through our expertise in brand building, creative development, digital marketing, media strategy and public relations. Our clients include Arkansas Tourism, Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort, Visit Hot Springs, Delta Dirt Distillery, and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery. Our creative team produces multiple travel guides annually, examples include Arkansas Travel Guide, State Parks Guide, Arkansas Adventure Guide and Diamond Lakes Travel Guide.
CJRW’s Little Rock office is seeking an experienced proofreader to assist in the review and production of publications and other department activities required by the needs of various clients.
- Read and evaluate written text for grammatical and typographical error
- Ensure content, spelling, punctuation and accuracy of all print material
- Proof and verify that final output is complete and accurate.
- Compare proofs against original copy to identify errors or omission
- Evaluate the dimensions of page elements such as images, text spacing and positioning to ensure they conform to set specifications
- Ensure illustrations are suitably captioned and referenced
- Prepare content for vendors.
- Review final printer proofs for accuracy.
- Ensure CJRW standards and guidelines are met.
- Review content, fact-check information and raise flags about questionable or inconsistent information.
- Contact writers directly to clarify grammatical inconsistencies related to style and text choice
- Forward proofread materials for approval and publication
- Ensure project is completed within set time constraints.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related field
- 5+ years demonstrated success in proofing marketing communications, preferably in an agency setting
- Experience proofing publications is a plus
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign
- Extensive knowledge of AP Style
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Experience evaluating work against brand guidelines and normal usage
- Ability to verify work based on research and data checks
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple projects for multiple clients during the same timeframe
- Some familiarity with Adobe products (for markups)
- Ability to stay calm under pressure in a fast-paced, results-driven agency environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Full Time
· Hybrid Position – Remote and in Little Rock Office
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Annual profit-sharing bonus
- 401-K savings plan
- Generous insurance plans available (health, dental, life insurance, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability)
- Paid time off
- Company paid holidays
- Paid parking
Qualified applicants apply below.