The Chief People Officer is responsible for the development, implementation, and management of HR/People programs and initiatives. This role manages processes and projects in the areas of performance management, employee relations, and learning/development, and acts as a strategic business partner with managers and supervisors. The Chief People Officer is an integral thought partner to the senior leadership team and works collaboratively across the organization to ensure CJRW attracts, develops, and retains exceptional talent. The CPO will supervise the HR Specialist with potential for the number of direct reports to grow over time.
The essential job duties/responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the information listed below.
Employee Relations Management
- Manage employee relations issues – proactively and reactively – for all levels of employees.
- Collaborate with senior leaders to address emergent employee issues at the team and individual level. Design and implement intervention processes.
- Revise Personnel Policies and Procedures as needed for compliance with all applicable employment laws. Stay current on employment law changes, working with legal counsel as required.
- Provide guidance for Employee Assistance Program.
Recruiting, Onboarding, and Retention
- Manage people functions, ensuring CJRW has the exceptional talent needed to meet its mission and that employees have the support they need to be successful in their roles.
- Lead employee recruitment, including creating and maintaining current job descriptions and all aspects of recruitment to support agency growth.
- Develop a thoughtful and thorough onboarding system where new employees can gain an understanding of their role.
- Work with senior leadership and department directors to design and implement promotion, retention, and career path strategies.
- Develop, implement, and manage a performance evaluation system that enables clear measurement and accountability of desired outcomes and includes organizational and role-specific standards for success.
- Assist staff in developing their professional capacity by identifying and providing resources, training, and learning opportunities.
- Collaborate with Executive Committee to ensure fair and equitable pay administration.
- Stay abreast of reward and recognition trends and recommend as appropriate.
Learning & Development
- Evaluate needs and implement training and organizational development programs.
- Establish and manage leadership development program.
- Develop, implement, and manage agency mentor program.
- Manage and facilitate monthly Managers/Supervisors meeting
- Supervise HR Specialist responsibilities:
- Payroll processing and census reporting
- ESOP plan and audit management
- 401K plan and audit management
- Benefits open enrollment management
- Employee insurance and benefits management
- Employee Assistance Program administration
- HSA plan management
- Employee time tracking and reporting
- FMLA tracking and reporting
- Workers Comp audit management
- Agency annual financial audit support
- Annual compensation benefits reporting
Qualifications and Experience
- Ten+ years of proven HR/People management experience.
- Experience in designing and implementing HR/People management processes and culture building programs.
- Proven ability to manage the multi-faceted talent of a growing organization, with the ability to manage employee recruitment and retention, performance management and development systems, benefits, payroll, and related compliance issues.
- Solid knowledge of federal and state employment laws and benefits regulations and experience with EEO and affirmative action programs.
- Proven experience handling employee discipline issues including investigations and terminations.
- Strong technology orientation and resourcefulness and interest in learning new systems.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Superior communication skills; both written and oral.
- Energetic, self-driven, curious, and focused on building inclusive, high-performance teams that are continually improving.
- Full Time in Little Rock office
- Weekly flex day with option for remote work on Fridays (schedule permitting)
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Annual profit-sharing bonus
- 401-K savings plan
- Explore Arkansas - annual expense reimbursement for qualifying vacations
- CJRW Cares - employee-guided non-profit giving program
- Flexible spending account for health and dependent care
- Generous insurance plans available (health, dental, life insurance, AD&D, short-term, and long-term disability)
- Paid time off
- Company paid holidays
- Paid parking
CJRW is an advertising agency that generates ideas to build brands, solve problems, change perceptions and generate success. We are driven by smart, passionate people who are committed not only to the prosperity of our clients but also to the positive growth of the communities we serve.
Employees are owners through the agency’s Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The ESOP is a long-term, taxdeferred investment plan designed to reward all employee-owners for the financial success achieved by the company.