The CJRW Traffic Coordinator must have two plus years of agency experience. He or she must possess an ability to work with multiple agency departments, specifically creative, production and account management staff, to develop schedules and manage deliverables using Webvantage, the agency’s web-based project management database.
The ideal candidate will be organized, focused and have a good working knowledge of advertising agency processes and procedures. The candidate must be a self-starter with strong communication skills, and an aptitude for problem solving with the ability to keep projects on schedule and meet hard deadlines. This person must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. After account managers introduce a new project, the traffic coordinator helps to ensure that every project has all the assets available for the creative team to produce requested deliverables on time and within budget.
This position will work with account managers, production managers and creative team members daily to create schedules and task assignments based on information provided, timelines and current workload.
- Process job orders creating physical and digital job folders and placing all assets provided into respective folders.
- Make creative assignments based on account teams and workload.
- Produce traffic schedules based on time-lines provided. Make ongoing updates to schedules based on client changes, and creative, production or account service requests.
- Traffic all creative projects and make sure each project is routed to the appropriate personnel on time, following agency set procedures and obtaining all required approvals.
- Stay up-to-date on Webvantage software upgrades and continue to develop the use of the program.
- Coordinate with account managers to open new client codes and generate creative time estimates.
- Monitor status on all jobs, ensuring that all deadlines are met.
- Work with creative to make determinations about staff productivity and utilization to avoid bottlenecks and make sure work is evenly distributed.
- Prepare weekly assignment lists for creative team and be able to provide job status updates to account managers.
- Serve as the funnel for information entering and exiting the creative department.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two plus years of advertising agency experience, preferably in traffic, production, account service or project management.
- Excellent communication, computer and people skills.
- Ability to effectively organize work, establish and maintain schedules.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at one time.
- Knowledge of project management software is a plus.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or needed.