The CJRW travel and tourism account executive will be responsible for working with the tourism and hospitality industry across the state, marketing the co-op state tourism marketing opportunities, targeting tourism clients for regional association publications, as well as take on other clients as assigned. Account Executive will provide other client support and counsel as needed, as well as market additional agency services, including video production, social media marketing, website design, etc.
- Reach sales goals and grow revenue.
- Determine ‘point of difference’ with clients by helping differentiate advertising dollars among competitors; help clients build effective ads.
- Write, present and implement marketing proposals.
- Work with agency media department to develop media plans.
- Work with agency creative department to coordinate ad development.
- Work with agency interactive department on development for interactive projects.
- Create, maintain and grow client relationships.
- Identify sales leads for new business; secure new business.
- Review and approve billings/invoices.
- Attend association monthly and quarterly meetings; make presentations; moderate discussions.
- Overnight weekday travel 25%
- 4-5+ years sales and marketing experience, publications or advertising sales experience preferred
- College degree required or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and sales goals
- Strong communication (written, verbal, presentation) skills
Salary and Compensation
Commensurate with experience and qualifications